PDA

View Full Version : Sinkieland now get you sinkies China-Made trains.. be careful..ride on your own risk!

Sammyboy RSS Feed
17-11-2013, 02:00 PM
An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

TA has assured that rigorous safety standards are met for the made-in-China trains which would be used in the new Downtown Line (DTL).

LTA said the trains were assembled in China, but the components come from eight different countries, including China (which manufactured the car body), Sweden, UK, France, Spain, Czech Republic and Germany.

During the assembly phase, LTA said it sent engineers to China to supervise the work, and ensured rigorous safety standards are met.

Sim Wee Meng, senior group director for rail at the LTA, told the media, “The safety of the train is of highest priority to LTA. If there’s a component failure, it will not affect the safety of the train.”

“If a train was to stop in a tunnel as a result of a power-loss – the battery life will provide support to the emergency lighting and ventilation while the evacuation take place.”

Concerns for the main-in-China trains came after they were given a longer testing period by LTA (‘Made-in-China trains for DTL given longer testing period‘). The off-site testing period for the DTL trains is 3 months longer than the period taken for the North East Line and Circle Line.

It’s not known why LTA decides to give a longer period to test the new trains for DTL.

Quote:
Some TRE readers commented:

tc: China made. Some how I feel worried.

satanically possessed: We’ll not only experience the usual disruption, we should also expect to experience a derailment soon.

Rotten PAPayas: Made in China, cheaper but is it safe? Would you use a Made-in-China condom?

LIONS: ALL I PRAY AND HOPE FOR IS THAT these PRC TRAINS are not ‘TAINTED’? can we be sure? I want to but i really cannot trust the PRC as yet…. GOD BLESS US ALL.

Naturally Concerned: Everything works perfect during testing until it is actually being used here. Major breakdown will happen again soon…

The first stage of DTL will open next month on 22 Dec, linking 6 stations from Bugis to Chinatown.

The DTL trains will be the first in Singapore’s MRT system to be made in China.

Eight trains are already in Singapore. The remaining 80 will be shipped over by 2017, when the Downtown Line fully opens.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com (http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?168479-Sinkieland-now-get-you-sinkies-China-Made-trains-be-careful-ride-on-your-own-risk!&goto=newpost).