The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny442244 View Post
This is my first travel to batam after reading this thread.
Thank you for sharing,i can see what you read and what you are doing is quite different base on what you shared. Nonetheless,i feel refreshing to read something very different from the norm. And there are definitely things to learn from it.

Thank you.

Quote:
Sindo ferry two way ticket 48-10=38$. NTUC member offer.
Beside NTUC member,SAFRA card member also has same discount...and i mean for SAFRA card member whose card is expired too,hehehe...thats according to a friend.

Quote:
Changed 250$*9500 at HF ferry terminal Malay lady shop.
Yes, you should change your Sin $ in Batam which will fetch a higher rate.Thats if you wish to save. And the Malay Lady shop has the historically worst rate in both Sillypore and Batam.

Quote:
Checked in Keirren hotel 300000
Good room rate for walk-in to Kireinn Hotel. Better than the online rate.

Thumbs up!

Quote:
The taxi driver quite Good asked 70k first to drop at hotel. Later I told him need to go fund girl and Massage.
Hehehe...70k is normal rate from Batam centre,bro.

Thats why i prefer to come from Harbour Front to Harbour Bay tho it may cost a bit few dollars more and time reach Batam takes 15 mins more,and taxi travelling take another 10mins or so.

Why does it cost a few dollars more travelling from Harbour front to Harbour as compare to Harbour Front to Batam Center?

Here's my perspective :

- Sindo Ferry from Harbour Front to Batam Center cost S$38 (must have Safra or NTUC card)

- Horizon Fast Ferry cost S$48

- Sindo Ferry took 1 hour to reach Batam

- Horizon ferry takes 45mins (sometime less).

- Batam Center taxi to hotels takes longer (by about 10min more) time to reach Nagoya area

- Batam Center taxi cost about 70k to reach Nagoya and about 60k to be back to Batam Centre. Total : 130k = S$13.68

- Harbour Bay taxi cost about 40k to hotels in Nagoya and another say 40k to be back. Total : 80k = S$8.42 base on 9500/SGD

All in all S$48 versus S$38,i saved S$10. But on taxi fare i lost S$5.26. I lost 25 mins of time,not counting the custom check out/in time which usually takes longer (and stricter too).S$10 - S$5.26 = S$4.74 which is my profit for taking ferry from Harbour Bay to Batam Center but i lost about 30 mins of time. For a stingy me who took 30k taxi to and fro from Harbour Bay to hotel and back,i will only profit S$2.64,hehehe...and lost about 30 mins.

I still prefer to go from Harbour Front to Harbour Bay.

Quote:
I checked in hotel and went sedona and happy massage. Goldbird had less girl 12 on 7th may 3pm.
Went to happy massage booked girl 800k.
3pm bro,Sedona aka Gold Bird definitely will have lesser girls.

Ever wonder why Happy Massage 8 has more girls at 3pm than Gold Bird when both joint's average total number of girls is about similar?

Try 1330pm next time during weekdays so it will be fair game for both joints,hehehe...they are equally expensive tho.

Quote:
Went to massage and I pay 90k only for taxi.

Quote:
Go Massage pure clean massage. Aromotherapgy 300k
Mind if i ask,300k massage for how long?

Thank you.

Quote:
Went back hotel and girl came 8pm. Finished 3 rounds until 7am. Tipped 100k.
You are one of the 1st newbies i see doing the right thing.

Thumbs up again on this one,bro.

Quote:
Call back the same driver came pick me drop n terminal payed 60k.
Total taxi fare is 60k + 70k + 90k = 220k for a 2D1N.

Once again,my most sincere thanks to you for sharing your experience.

Hope you will read my signature link and try it out on your next trip,not necessary to stay in Fomorsa Hotel,you can still try other Hotels like Lovinna Hotel in Nagoya,not the one in Batam center or Penuin area.

http://lovinainn.com/budget-hotels-nagoya-batam/

May cost a bit more than Kireinn tho.

Or you can even try Dju Dju Hotel...Sakura Hotel...etc etc.

Cheers and may your next trip to Batam be better than this one.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Old 11-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 214 / Power: 10
Yupo is a Helpful and Caring SamsterYupo is a Helpful and Caring SamsterYupo is a Helpful and Caring Samster

continue from the last thread,

Morena 1st stop & 6th stop

1st Visit

When we reach there, outside was an eatery, then we walked in we saw into the eatery to go to thier living quaters it turns out to be a mini office look where top middle of the room sits a malay dude wearing a jacket. on the right 3 sofas occupied by 3 SYT (maybe make up). and left was single chairs and 2 malay guys (probably guards). then we were ushers into thier 2nd storey where the living conditions damn bad. like a small walk way with multiple 1 rooms. so the usher bring us around peeking room by room. we can see thier dinner plates just outside of the room. and the place was quite dirty.

Girls were SYT price range around 800k ~ 1.5m

We told the uncle we go next stop since well we want to look at more girls before we really decide and since we agreed on 30k upon getting the girl and returning to hotel.

2nd visit (6th Stop)

All the girls at other joints were not suitable for our taste, so me and my friend decided to get one at morena, So we went up to the 3rd floor to choose the girls that we were interested in. but then they say those girls were off. so we went down to the 2nd floor and choose 2 SYT. i choose a girl that has a blonde dye hair and my friend a black hair girl.

went down to the malay dude in leather jacket sitting in top middle of the room. and we talked. the guy doesn't understand english so i spoke to him with my broken survival level malay skills and say what time will the girl go home, he says 8am next morning. can you assure me that the girls won't run yes he say they wont run and stay all the way. we bargained the price down from 1.2M to 900k. paid and left the place agreeing they will send the girls 15mins later. (girls need to take a shower first)

Morena29 2nd stop

same setup as Morena, run down, multiple 1 rooms, dinner plates lying around the walk way.

A few SYT, more on Milf none attracted us left for the next joint

New Berlian told the uncle not to go

Bunga Massage 3rd stop

A very good joint, the Mami can speak very fluent chinese.
and was very friendly. We saw a young malay girl wearing black dress with yellow pokadots i ask my friend whether he wants it but he say he scared she is underage so we apologise to the mami and went off to the next joint.

inda rasa?indo message? i forgot the name Massage 4th stop

Milfs!! With Lots of meat! none attracted us left for next joint

Permatah Indah KTV the 1 near Windsor i think forgot the name maybe its not permatah indah. 5th stop

Too expensive 1.2M for a nomal above average girl. mami spoke chinese also but not willing to bring the price down. by this time at the 5th stop it was like 11.30pm and late already so we told the taxi driver go back to the 1st joint we visited which is morena.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After ordering our girls we took the taxi back, and the taxi uncle say 180k since 30k for 1 visit of each joint and we visit 6 of the joints including 2 times to morena. we were shocked since we already paid 900k to get our girls secured and this fuck up taxi uncle play this trick on us. we agreed on price 30k to all joints even if get girl and sent us back to hotel. we argue with him abit but for safety we lan lan have to agree and we told him, we don't pay him first, he send girl come to our room then we pay him the 180k to make sure the girls will come.

True enough the girls came and we paid him the 180k.

Review of my girl that i choose (blonde hair girl) about 1.5m tall, slim but abit of tummy fats and middle of A-B cup boobs. Age was 23. Face was ok.

did with her 2 shots 1 in the night, and 1 in the morning. Doesn't allow kissing but she kiss you on thier ear and moans and hug you tightly and try to tighten her both legs to make her vagina fucking tight, yes she was tight enough!.

After the 1st shot, we rested. and chatted. she told me she has a boyfriend and the boyfriend works as a japanese cook (i saw picture of the restaurant, singapore also have that lol). since i accidentally said thank you in japanese lol when she put on the condom for me. and that young guy is a malaysian chinese. she told me that the boyfriend wants to get married with her but not converting to islam. so her family doesn't allow, but the boyfriend family says its ok for them to get marry and now she is trying to ask him to look for other girls. but the guy is quite stubborn and he doens't know she is working as a prositute. Then came the video call from him wtf! i was lying beside her naked and she accepted the video call so i moved away. but i saw the boyfriend trying to talk to her but thankfully the wifi not good so the call got disconnected. then she ignored her boyfriend >_<". we fell asleep then after 15mins. around 2am. the door got knocked furiously and her phone rang. so we wonder what happened.

My friends girl, was banging on my door to ask my girl for the keys of her motorcycle or something. and my girl told me that something happen to her and my friend and told her to go back. he complained to me next morning that the service sucks from her, cannot touch her, cannot kiss, always use her phone but he manage to ask her to bath him. and bonk her twice.

so after the drama, we went to sleep, next morning bonk her again for the 2nd time and she left at 8am zhun zhun.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:22 AM
Samster

nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yupo View Post
... and the taxi uncle say 180k since 30k for 1 visit of each joint and we visit 6 of the joints including 2 times to morena. we were shocked since we already paid 900k to get our girls secured and this fuck up taxi uncle play this trick on us. we agreed on price 30k to all joints even if get girl and sent us back to hotel. we argue with him abit but for safety we lan lan have to agree and we told him, we don't pay him first, he send girl come to our room then we pay him the 180k to make sure the girls will come.

True enough the girls came and we paid him the 180k.
Haiz...i did mention before,any taxi driver/s that brings customers to Morena series of joints on the very 1st stop will NEVER be a good driver.I am lucky to not have met one like that. I just did a count,you and your friend,were the number 27th and 28th victims from Morena series of joint known to me (there are actually many more). When will this ever end even after i put up the notification....

If only you LOOK at my signature before heading to Batam...nonetheless,i am still camping for more parts of the FRs.

Will comment more and try to learn further from your report.

Thanks for sharing,bro.

2 more days before heading to Batam (past 12am now,should be one more day to go,hehehe...)

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Old 11-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -253 / Power: 0
HelloWAH HelloWAH HelloWAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yupo View Post

Girls were SYT price range around 800k ~ 1.5m

we bargained the price down from 1.2M to 900k.

Do you know why you can bargained down to 900K?

Reason very simple, chicken is very OVER PRICE.

One shot can reduced 300K rupiah is equal to 30 SGD.
This proved that every chicken is over price from the moment chicken caller step into the shop.

Another thing is that you are brought in with driver. Still can reduced 300K. Now use ur kidney to think also know most chicken caller is a bloody fool that is easy to chop carrot.

The moment when a shop raise their chicken price to 1 million and above. Still got chicken caller and many agreed that is a fair price, chicken caller is fated to be chop hard hard. And be a bloody fool.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:12 AM
Samster

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 668 / Power: 19
Leoric is a splendid one to beholdLeoric is a splendid one to beholdLeoric is a splendid one to beholdLeoric is a splendid one to beholdLeoric is a splendid one to beholdLeoric is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Haiz...i did mention before,any taxi driver/s that brings customers to Morena series of joints on the very 1st stop will NEVER be a good driver.I am lucky to not have met one like that. I just did a count,you and your friend,were the number 27th and 28th victims from Morena series of joint known to me (there are actually many more). When will this ever end even after i put up the notification....
Only one word comes in mind after i read :

Old 11-05-2015, 01:24 AM
Samster

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 15005 / Power: 19
S.B.Y.1 has a reputation beyond reputeS.B.Y.1 has a reputation beyond reputeS.B.Y.1 has a reputation beyond reputeS.B.Y.1 has a reputation beyond reputeS.B.Y.1 has a reputation beyond reputeS.B.Y.1 has a reputation beyond reputeS.B.Y.1 has a reputation beyond reputeS.B.Y.1 has a reputation beyond reputeS.B.Y.1 has a reputation beyond reputeS.B.Y.1 has a reputation beyond reputeS.B.Y.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoric View Post
Only one word comes in mind after i read :

Old 11-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 320 / Power: 19
hottip is one of the Best!hottip is one of the Best!hottip is one of the Best!hottip is one of the Best!

Quote:
Haiz......

If only you LOOK at my signature before heading to Batam...nonetheless,i am still camping for more parts of the FRs.

Will comment more and try to learn further from your report.

Thanks for sharing,bro.

2 more days before heading to Batam (past 12am now,should be one more day to go,hehehe...)
Thanks for sharing bro Nono. Just uppped you my humble 10 Rep Pts. Keep uo the good work !!
Old 11-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitecrawllerr View Post
Just the other night at batam. My cewek told me to just lie down. She will service me but will not allow me to lick every parts of her body. Told me it will flood and she would be shag.
Now,thats a REALLY UNIQUE girl you got! FLOOD!!

I have yet to meet one like that. Hopefully one of these days i can find one....

*flood*

Now 1 more day for my upcoming Batam trip,all i could think of is the Batam girl "flood"...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlic View Post
Any hotels in batam able to receive Singapore mobile phone reception? Thanks... just so that when phone rings, its not with that overseas ringtone.
What i know is Sekupang,KTM Resort area as they are closer to Sillypore.Check the map below :

On the map,you will see that Nongsapura and Sekupang being closest to Sillypore.

When it comes to phone reception,there wont be a definition as signal itself is not a stable thing to be defined,especially when it is across a country. Closest i could get with a Sillypore ring tone is KTM Resort at Sekupang area during 2014. But i dont know which room you should get as i dont know even if you know the room or area to stay,will you be able to reserve a room cos these are constantly being booked by....err....gambling bookies from Sillypore?

Hope that answers your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miumiu6464 View Post
2-3 years back, I had a very wonderful / bad experience with one of the girl I booked from New Berry which is where you got that hickey girl from. Till now, I believe both Ah Teck & Ah Long will still remember me, so, not sure if I'll ever show up at that joint again...
Hmm...i think it is not wise to comment much on this part. But a small suggestion here,since they already moved from beside indah2 to beside Cityview Hotel,what you may wish to try is...in future go there show your face,go in take a look but dont book girls. Allow yourself to get used to it and at the same time allow the 2 guys to get used to your face.

In business,there is no forever enemies nor forever friends.They open their doors for business,and you walk in as a customer,they want your business,they need to sweat...and not the other way around.

i understand its easier said than done as i feel for you.

Its just personal opinion.

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Old 11-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Samster

Note :

Due to the continuing deflating of the Indonesia Rupiah for the past weeks,Kaha's room rate for Formosa has increase from the previous (last month,April) 475k rupiah to today's 500k rupiah.

Hope tomorow exchange rate hit 9900/SGD.

*sob*

*heart pain*

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Old 11-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1374 / Power: 12
KohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Note :

Due to the continuing deflating of the Indonesia Rupiah for the past weeks,Kaha's room rate for Formosa has increase from the previous (last month,April) 475k rupiah to today's 500k rupiah.
Now due to deflation of IDR, they take this opportunity to increase price.

When the IDR return to its normal range of 9200-9500, i'm sure they won't drop the price.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 254 / Power: 13
micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!

Here's a (final) food report on Batam's current top resto - Kez's Bakery and Restaurant.

I’ve savored dishes by Michelin chefs, local head-cooks, upstarts, and my mother (God bless her). Spent too much on food. LOL. Meat is meat, potato is potato – but it’s passion that turns such simple things into Nirvana.

You know it when you feel touched the moment the tastes, textures, aromas and juices melt and mix and blend inside the mouth – creating emotions overpowering the mind (that controls one to remain calm and not over-react) and behaving like an orgasmic idiot. In a crude sense, it’s the same to comparing a hot passionate one night stand versus paid mechanical sex.

And in this resto – after going there several times, I indeed found Nirvana in its cuisine. And in comparison with my past dining experiences of 30+ years : drop-dead affordable to the common man for its amazing culinary quality, selection, creativity and, above-all, passion. No wonder this resto, which began in Dec 2014, is #1 resto in Batam and Batam Center in just 6 months (May 2015).

This time, wanted Chef Denny to totally let-go. Let his OCD passion take over. Wanted him to blow me out the waters and send me to planet Pluto with his creations. It was an outright challenge to a champion chef.

Asked Chef Denny to prepare a dinner course with dishes totally out of the menu. Was told to confirm the exact day and timing bcs he said what he had in mind required (long) preparatory times and had to be savored there and then. OK, Fine.

The dishes, he and his crew prepared, were used in his competitions and further improvised. What they prepared is easily priced at USD600 by those Michelin chef fine dining restos.

There was no name to his dishes. SO , let me name this dinner course here, NIRVANA.

NIRVANA (2 pax 4-course dinner with pictures – RP 1 Juta)
============================================

APERITIV

*Compressed* watermelon infused with red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar , with balsamic sauce, and some kind of leaves. WOW. The watermelon was compressed to obtain smooth and solidified texture – and with all the natural taste sealed within. The leaf’s bitterness, the sweet from the watermelon, the sour from the vinegars. Sweet, sour, bitter – all blended in with fruity flowery aroma .… wow. It set the tone of what’s to come..

STARTERS

Quail egg coated in beef *powder* with diced basted spicy scallops on top a bed of fish roe. I was thrown off my high chair. The quail egg – the white is totally cooked, yet the yolk is runny. The fish roe provided the primary taste – crunchy popping bursts of saltiness as one bites in, the scallop provided the chewy tangy spice with the yolk counterbalancing with its mellow flavor… MANTAP! This starter is a winner. Unfortunately this dish will not be in the menu.

MAINCOURSE

Wagyu steak smelted (3 hours to prepare) with crispy prime rib floss sitting on top. Beef tenderloin rolled with smoked beef with crispy snow fungus sitting on top. Potato “tube” with filling (vegetable puree and beef bits infused with wine vinegars). A VERY VERY special in-house ground , seasoned crispy onion powder-crumbs. Pumpkin puree, balsamic sauce, worchester+truffle sauce, wine vinegar sauce.. Boiled snow fungus as garnish on the side.

If Nirvana be a physical thing – this dish *is* Nirvana – I kid you not. I truly felt the Chef’s OCD passion in this dish.

Slice the beef. Dip the puree/sauce. Then dip onto the crispy prime rib floss and onion powder-crumb. Put in mouth… I was shot to planet Pluto. There and then. I was delirious, confused, amazed, happy, bewildered, sad, angry, blissful, and hopeful. This dish brought out the little boy in me, fark. Couldn't contain myself at the resto, fucking embarrassing. For me, this dish concluded my journey of 30+ years’ (and loads of money) sampling cuisine. No. No exaggeration at all.

Anyway, notice from the photo – unlike what we usually get – red in middle and gradually turning cement grey/brown towards the sides of the steak, this steak is uniformly red (not bloody) throughout. *PERFECT*. Chef took exactly 2hrs 45 mins to get that texture right – and hence why I was told to be exact on my dinner time and day – as it cannot be enjoyed later or earlier.

The tenderloin beef roll (rolled with smoked beef and spices) is a dish on its own. Many tastes all fighting and blending together… meaty… peppers.. smoked.. wine.. salt .. tangy .. spices…..my tongue talked duck, my brain talked chicken...really dunno.. All the disparate juices and aroma blended in my mouth as I chew... while picking up any remaining onion crumbs and rib floss.

The potato tube was crunchy on the outside with the soft mashy meat/vege filling providing an assortment of flavors and textures. Unable to describe the taste.

From the photo, one can tell that each item has to be independently prepared – down to the crispy prime rib floss/strands. Suffice to say, this dish (being laborious and time consuming) will not be in the menu. However, one *MUST* really try this dish which I call Nirvana. Chef Denny says it’s possible but only as a special request and reservation made in-advance so that they can buy ingredients.

A modified version of the Rustic Nail cocktail was specially created (by Aldo) to pair with this supreme dish. It was *perfect*. Pandan puree + egg white + Herb liquor + lemon juice + germwheat (/w honey)

DESSERT

(photo was too blur so didn't upload)

Pliable 85% dark chocolate infused with truffle sauce, with egg white powder-crumbs (!!), with rum-raisin ice cream, with crispy quenched sago seeds, and white-wine infused orange-pieces.

Absolutely WOW. The bitter chocolate can taste this great. And the egg-white powder-crumbs … provided the slight crunchiness. The rum-raisin ice cream – having real rum – provided the full-body aroma of rum alcohol and sweetness. WOW.

As usual with special off-menu dishes, each course was served by the waiter, followed by Chef Denny describing/explaining what we were about to experience. Hence was how I was able to roughly describe the dishes above. I’m no chef – I live to eat.

All of the above for around S$100 (USD75) – quality, this time, surpassing Michelin star chefs’ creations and at a fraction of prices (typically at least USD600) commanded by those Michelin chefs. Where to find ???

This dinner course is far far FAR beyond value. Top quality fine-dining creations ... made available and (finally) affordable to the common public.

My suggestions to all bros :

If you haven’t been to Kez’s – go do it whilst that chef is still *working at the kitchen* – it is only a matter of time he will be busy with resto expansion, franchising, administrative / operational matters.

If you been to Kez but haven’t tried his special off-the-menu dishes, *very strongly* try it. It’s truly once-a-lifetime experience (made affordable). Even his crew and Kez’s shareholders didn’t have the chance to taste his off-menu dishes.

I was totally blown out the waters, slingshot to planet Pluto. And marooned here….. my journey for culinary cuisine is concluded. Not in first world countries, not in 5/6/7 star restos, but by a resto which makes solid quality cuisine fit for kings and statesmen, affordable to the common man.

I am truly humbled.

Enjoy!

Last edited by micmac888; 11-05-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Samster

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 859 / Power: 15
ndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to beholdndnd is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlic View Post
Hi all, tried searching the thread, but wasnt able to find a definitive answer. Any hotels in batam able to receive Singapore mobile phone reception? Thanks... just so that when phone rings, its not with that overseas ringtone.
Hotel Vista

Singtel have signal,
but only at balcony or open space area, not inside the rooms.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intltuk View Post
I won't use the word stingy.....more like Best value
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intltuk View Post
Gotcha
Glad you understood.

Meantime,i also looking at some smaller scale booking joints that has SYTs but dont charge that high,hehehe...will share more when there are more concrete information on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InNeedOfSex View Post
Formosa Hotel is having some membership promotion at IDR400k and u get back IDR450K worth of vouchers which can be used to offset hotel rates, cafe etc. According to them, u will need to book directly from them and it cost IDR550K for weekdays and IDR600K for weekends. They do provide shuttle service at 50k for 2way to Batam Centre or Harbour Bay. Seems to me quite worth it.
I saw this membership thing around 2 to 3 trips ago,hehehe....if i dont remember wrong,after 15 booking with them in a year,you also get one night free stay in Formosa too. Being a stingy man,please allow me do the maths sums up...

You pay 400k you get 450k voucher,and becomes a member of Formosa Hotel where you can book their room from them at 550k weekdays and 600k weekends. Lets just use your 9750/SGD as a bench mark on the average exchange rate.

Lets say,i book from booking.com today becos i am going to Batam 2morow (weekdays),my price will be :

Agoda.com is at about S$52.50 inclusive +10%,+11% tax

S$54 as you can see from the above pic (it used to be S$53 last week weekdays). Which will be converted as 526500 rupiah base on 9750/SGD.

We can also look at Kaha Travel which is priced at 500k rupiah for weekdays and 525k for weekends for the same room.

So i compare the membership privileges over booking.com 1st,yes...you profit 23500 rupiah,but remember,that is only for the 1st time due to your 450k voucher which you pay 400k for and as your future booking ,you will lost -23500 rupiah.Imagine it is for 15 trips to retain your membership per year to be upgraded to the next tier of higher membership,the Silver membership or retain at least 5 stay per year to prevent the membership from expiring. You win on 1st stay,but lost on the rest of your other stays.You lost even more if its a Friday stay.

Now we compare with Kaha Travel prices. You break even on your 1st stay using your 450k voucher,and subsequently lost 50k thereafter. And then multiply them by 15,hehehe...guess i dont need to say more. Weekends will be much worse off.

Wait,they also give me 20% discount on the Alishan KTV bill....hehehe...and the room service order too. I hope you read the in-room menu tho,there is already a 20% on their food menu whether you are a member or not,same applies for Alishan KTV. In Alishan KTV,tell the Mami that you stayed in Formosa,you auto receive 20% off,hehehe...so this makes no difference.

Now for the transportation,you sure its 50k for 2 way? or was it 1 way? Lets just take it as 2 way for now,but i can get 30k per point to point trip,so i need to admit i will lost 10k. i booked from Kaha Travel all the time,minus out this 10k lost,i still win 40k/night on weekdays and 65k/night on weekends. And if i get from booking.com minus out 10k,i still win by 13500/night stay.

I count here and count there,i still feel that the membership is a gimmicks to lure unsuspecting patrons or 1st time Formosa visitors. Hehehe...i still cannot forget my friends who are regulars to Formosa is getting S$50-S$55 for Family room (the one with 1 Queen size bed + 1 super single bed). They call direct to the receptionist to reserve room tho (which i need to add in 20k to 30k on their IDD phone bill).

Now to conclude,this membership thingy isnt exactly a complete bad. The one good i can see is only if a person is a 1st timer staying in Formosa Hotel. Remember what i wrote above? Newbies or 1st timer will usually book from online but if you sign up for their membership at 400k,you get 450k voucher and comparing with online booking,1st timer saved 23500 rupiah,plus got transportation at 50k to and fro from Harbour Bay to Formosa Hotel. It is safe,it is cheaper than online,but only for the 1st timer when they 1st signed up. For those who frequent Batam,it would be a no no,hehehe...unless the Hotel can promise fix room rate that wont change forever,and if they do,and when the exchange rate is 10k/SGD...then i will take their membership,hehehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InNeedOfSex View Post
Weather there for the past 3 days are wet. Keep raining mostly in the afternoon. Oh and one more thing to mention: can't connect to sbf over there. Seems like indo had ban it?
Oh...raining!Thats no good,thank you for sharing this info on the weather,as i am heading there soon,this is very important to me. Indonesia network banned SBF? I will find out 2morow and update here to confirm,hehehe...

Thank you for sharing.

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Old 11-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohOnly21 View Post
Now due to deflation of IDR, they take this opportunity to increase price.
Hear already damn sian man...hope tomorrow can see some miracles or they tell me it is a mistake....

This Kaha Travel really really KNS ,1 year increase 1 time price. I need to out source for other travel agent for cheap Hotel voucher in my coming trip if time allows me to (or next trip cos this trip time will be a bit clamp when in group). Grrrr.....

Anyone heard of Anshun Travel? I know they have 3 branches (i already have their addresses) in Batam,i will be looking into this travel agent to get special deal hotel vouchers in future. I have all the necessary information they have on their website,now its to physically see what they have to offer and know their deals to compete against Kaha Travel.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed.
(today 9830/SGD should be possible)

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Old 11-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 247 / Power: 12
Intltuk is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIntltuk is a Helpful and Caring SamsterIntltuk is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Meantime,i also looking at some smaller scale booking joints that has SYTs but dont charge that high,hehehe...will share more when there are more concrete information on it.
Have fun bro...looking forward to FR....esp on new `adventures' .
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1
Closed Thread