The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 978 / Power: 23
Rainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jakarta Info

Bring umbrellas, raincoats; the rainy season is here: BMG

City News - September 13, 2005

Damar Harsanto, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

The Meteorology and Geophysics Agency (BMG) said on Monday that the city was in a transitional period from the dry season to the rainy season, reminding residents to carry umbrellas and raincoats.

"Sporadic rain accompanied by strong winds, thunder and lightning in the city are indicators that we are in the transitional period from the dry season to the wet season," BMG senior official Achmad Zakir told The Jakarta Post.

Short periods of heavy rain on Sunday and Monday in several areas across the capital did not flood city streets but caused chronic traffic jams at some locations.

Motorcyclists congregated under overpasses, bridges and bus stops, taking up much of the road as they waited for the rain to ease.

Bumper-to-bumper congestion was also seen at the Karet and Landmark underpasses, both in Central Jakarta.

"I think it's time for residents to take umbrellas and raincoats with them when they go out," Zakir said.

He said it would rain mostly in the morning and afternoon, with the wet season peaking in early October in the southern part of the city and in November in the northern part.

"We advise the public to unplug electronic appliances during thunderous weather to prevent damage if electricity networks are struck by lightning," he added.

Urban planning experts have also warned that trees planted in the capital as part of an aggressive regreening policy since the 1980s are not fit for urban areas as many of them are not strong enough to withstand violent storms during the rainy season.

Last year, storm Linda flooded streets and uprooted hundreds of trees -- about 300 in South Jakarta alone -- causing massive traffic jams throughout the city and disrupting the rail service until late in the night.

The City Parks Agency earlier said that in South Jakarta about 5,000 trees, which were prone to falling in storms, were growing along main thoroughfares. Among them are canary trees, banyan, palms, khaya and poinciana trees.

The Jakarta Development Planning Board (Bappeda) said in 1997 that acacia, poinciana and angsana trees were not recommended for the regreening campaign. Instead, the board suggested the city administration plant mahogany, tanjung and timber trees.

Unfortunately, Governor Sutiyoso's administration, which launched the Jakarta Ijo Royo-royo (Green Jakarta) program -- under which the City Park Agency will plant a total of 10 million trees by 2010 -- failed to go with the board's suggestion.

The BMG previously said the dry season in Jakarta would start in April and end in November.

When there is a problem, there will always be a solution.

So why let the problem bother you
Old 14-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 32 / Power: 0
darper deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

oo.....thanks for ur wonderful suggestion Mr. Rain Man...really appreciated...

just so to let all know, my rep. has been deducted by whomsoever for posting 2 questions asking for info. about jakarta....and u know wat...it doesn't bother me at all....

i guess this topic is just like indonesia itself....

cheers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman
Sure.. Why not... Start with Taman Ria (Like our Wonder Land in the 80th), Then to Taman Mini (see the whole Mini Indonesia), See Monas (Gold top from Bunei) and then to Ancol and see Seaworld, Dufun etc etc...

If still got time. See also Raguna Zoo and take a ride to Pucak and see the nice cool tea Plantation....

Enjoy Jakarta lah.....

More info here....

http://www.tourismindonesia.com/
Old 14-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 45 / Power: 0
Martini-Fan deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batam Man
Wahhhhhh so nice hor, how cum you no bring me to all these "interesting" places for jalan jalan wan huh...?
Neither have I seen those places of interest......
Okay, except Monas.
What a lousy tour guide.........
Old 14-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 252 / Power: 22
Batam Man is one of the Best!Batam Man is one of the Best!Batam Man is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini-Fan
Okay, except Monas.

Now with all the raids going on, this "tour guide" is trying to clear his leopard spot but seems hard to do it with people like us around, who knew him too well...
Old 14-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 846 / Power: 23
Montbank is a splendid one to beholdMontbank is a splendid one to beholdMontbank is a splendid one to beholdMontbank is a splendid one to beholdMontbank is a splendid one to beholdMontbank is a splendid one to beholdMontbank is a splendid one to behold

Talking about tour guide... would need one when I go over..

Pak RM, got recommendation for hotels and places to go at night ?

Please inform me if I still owe you rep points. I dunno who liaoz.. hehe

Oh yah, don't forget to give me your posting also. If not very hard to find sometimes.
Old 15-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
Voyeur deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

To all bros, thought i'd share, one of the places in Jakarta still cheongable is Travel Hotel, in the vicinity of 1001, literally cheap and good. There is a chinese mummy in there as well which can help communicate, it's 215,000 rp, which translates about SGD40.

Please keep this to the SG community, as currently it is still not visited and known to many, even to locals. There are about a total of 40 girls, a number of them equivalent to some model std in BKKs. Dress sexily, but can't speak much english.

My 0.02 cents worth.
Old 15-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Samster

Rainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to beholdRainman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini-Fan
Okay, except Monas.

WTF..... hahaha....

U are supposed to bring me to those Blue tent area for the 30k BBBJ,,,, So are u still into that???? Railway station and things like that??

Old 15-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Samster

Quote:
Now with all the raids going on, this "tour guide" is trying to clear his leopard spot but seems hard to do it with people like us around, who knew him too well...

Who??? General Susanto??

We had a biz Lunch with him yesterday u know... He is serious about what he's doing... not sure about his assistant though.....

Old 15-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montbank
Talking about tour guide... would need one when I go over..

Pak RM, got recommendation for hotels and places to go at night ?
KNN... Your question is so difficult to answer.,..........

How about Grand Hyatt or the Shangrila hotel??

Places to go at night??

Anker or Dadat for Seafood??

Old 15-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyeur
To all bros, thought i'd share, one of the places in Jakarta still cheongable is Travel Hotel, in the vicinity of 1001, literally cheap and good. There is a chinese mummy in there as well which can help communicate, it's 215,000 rp, which translates about SGD40.

Please keep this to the SG community, as currently it is still not visited and known to many, even to locals. There are about a total of 40 girls, a number of them equivalent to some model std in BKKs. Dress sexily, but can't speak much english.

My 0.02 cents worth.

U must be kidding us... Travel hotel is like history liao.... Not known?? It's forgotten lah....

Vicinity of 1001?? No way man..
It's mile and miles away.. More like across Lokasari in Mangga Dua.... Near Alantis SPA and Oasis SPA...

U also mix the fuckable girls with the Karaoke girl... YES... Those that work in the Karaoke and hang around the coffee shop are stunner... But for those u see in the Fishtank behind the coffee shops are really ugly....

Old 15-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by darper
oo.....thanks for ur wonderful suggestion Mr. Rain Man...really appreciated...

just so to let all know, my rep. has been deducted by whomsoever for posting 2 questions asking for info. about jakarta....and u know wat...it doesn't bother me at all....

i guess this topic is just like indonesia itself....

cheers..

Hmmm... Like that good meh.... Who deduct his Rep point???

Old 15-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 252 / Power: 22
Batam Man is one of the Best!Batam Man is one of the Best!Batam Man is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman
Who??? General Susanto??

We had a biz Lunch with him yesterday u know... He is serious about what he's doing... not sure about his assistant though.....

Actually hor, I was also serious about being a pro and playing in the PGA tour. I tried very seriously to do that 5yrs ago, and till today I'm still very serious about it.
Old 15-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Samster

Quote:
Actually hor, I was also serious about being a pro and playing in the PGA tour. I tried very seriously to do that 5yrs ago, and till today I'm still very serious about it.

Okay.. Next week I bring u go play at Riverside Golf... We play level Ai Mai>?

Old 15-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Samster

Garuda plane forced to make emergency landing in Bali

Wahyoe Boediwardhana, The Jakarta Post, Denpasar

A packed Garuda plane traveling from Bali to Brisbane, Australia, was forced to make an emergency landing because of engine trouble, a senior airline official said on Wednesday.

The Airbus aircraft had been flying for approximately 90 minutes when the pilot detected a problem with the aircraft's left engine and quickly decided to return to Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali early on Wednesday.

"The engine trouble forced the pilot to return to Ngurah Rai airport," said To+++ Hermawan, Garuda's Ngurah Rai station manager.

To+++ said that as the aircraft was flying over the Indian Ocean, the pilot, Noor Wahyudi, detected a vibration in the plane's left engine and returned to Bali.

"That is standard procedure at our airline. If the pilot detects something that could put the safety of passengers at stake, he or she has to land the aircraft. At dawn on Wednesday, the pilot did the right thing, especially because the aircraft at that time had not reached the area categorized as the point of no return," said To+++.

The Airbus 330 aircraft with a seating capacity of 42 in business class and 252 in economy class was carrying 37 passengers in business class and 251 passengers in economy class.

None of the passengers were injured in the incident, which occurred a week after the Mandala plane crash in the North Sumatra capital Medan that killed 149 people, including some on the ground.

After landing in Bali, the passengers, mostly foreign tourists, were put up at the Sanur Beach Hotel and the Bali Gardenia Hotel. The passengers were scheduled to fly to Brisbane on Wednesday night aboard a different Garuda aircraft. The plane involved in the incident is being repaired at Ngurah Rai airport.

Separately, following the Mandala plane crash the management of Ngurah Rai airport has instituted random safety checks of aircraft landing at the airport, a gateway to the resort island of Bali.

The checks are being carried out by a team of 10 people led by airport official Djoko Warsito. The team checks the maintenance records of planes and inspects the cockpits. In the past three days, the team has checked nine commercial aircraft, all from domestic airlines, said Muhammad Fuschad, a station manager at Ngurah Rai.

The random checks are viewed by the airport as necessary following reports that several aircraft made emergency landings in the wake of the Mandala crash.

A day after the Mandala crash, a Garuda Indonesia airliner flying from Medan made an emergency landing at Sultan Syarif Kasim II Airport in Pekanbaru, Riau, due to a fuel indicator problem. In another incident the same day, a Mandala aircraft returned to Soekarno-Hatta Airport in Jakarta after 10 minutes in the air due to problems with the landing gear warning lamps. No one was injured in the incidents.

Separately, the director of Flight Feasibility Certification at the Ministry of Transportation, Iing Iskandar, confirmed on Wednesday a report that he would be immediately replaced.

However, he denied the replacement had anything to do with the series of recent airplane accidents.

"The replacement is a regular rotation," he said, as quoted by Antara news agency.

He said he was due to be moved after eight years as the director of Flight Feasibility Certification at the ministry.

Old 15-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 45 / Power: 0
Martini-Fan deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
I tried very seriously to do that 5yrs ago, and till today I'm still very serious about it.
Aaah, you too? Me also hard exercising, and finally always glad going off the course below 100.
Now shifted my plans for Senior Tour. Also good money to make.

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1
Closed Thread